About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Friday 30 January 2009

Twenty Five Things

I've pinched this from Earthenwitch's blog, although I haven't officially been tagged either. If you'd like to join in, please leave a comment so I can come and read yours. I now present to you 25 Facts About Me:
  1. My daughter has a birthmark in the shape of a bat.
  2. I love crumpets.
  3. I'm a big fan of bubble bath.
  4. I have many nicknames but DH mainly calls me Mogs or Stinks.
  5. I'm quite fond of the word 'syntonic' at the moment.
  6. I have a degree in English Literature but I've never read a Dickens novel.
  7. I'm currently reading 'Infidel' by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, 'Words to Say It' by Marie Cardinal and 'The Art of the Psychotherapist' by James Bugental.
  8. I go to Slimming World and get irrationally excited when I get a sticker for losing some weight.
  9. I'll never go to Australia because everyone who goes there sees a giant spider at some point.
  10. When I was a baby I used to hold my breath until I passed out.
  11. I met my husband on an internet dating site.
  12. As a young girl I was obsessed with Princess Diana.
  13. I have a recurrent nightmare about my German A-level oral exam.
  14. I pick my lips.
  15. My favourite cocktail is a Cosmopolitan.
  16. I have a secret knitting project.
  17. I used to play squash fanatically.
  18. I lived so close to my primary school I could see in my classroom window when I was at home sick.
  19. My grandfathers were a bus driver and a gardener.
  20. I hate milk.
  21. I love Mini Milks.
  22. I've got new pink wellies.
  23. I spend an insane amount of time reading Celebrity Baby Blog.
  24. I don't know if I believe in a God (or Gods).
  25. I had two wedding days and three honeymoons (but just the one husband).


2 comments:

Unknown said...

> Australia because everyone who goes there sees a giant spider at some point
Overblown myth

>I have a secret knitting project
Secret as in you're not showing anyone yet, or secret as in national security? *blink*

>I had two wedding days and three honeymoons (but just the one husband).

Sister, you gotta tell me how you managed the 3 honeymoons, yessir!

willow81 said...

Have you been to Australia and not seen a spider then?!! They kill people!!

Secret as in, a gift for someone who reads this blog. Although I do believe that knitting might just be able to save the world.

3 honeymoons, oh boy I was very lucky. A week in the Maldives, 5 days in New York, and a week in Ramsgate!