About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Friday 2 January 2009

New Year's Day



New Year's Day was spent enjoying a walk on the beach at Dumpton Gap. Da-da was persuaded to wear the pink Hug-a-Bug for his first babywearing experience. Monkey enjoyed it, especially when Da-da was cantering like a horse! It was nice to be out in the cold wearing a proper coat for once, next I'm looking forward to getting my new pair of wellies. Lots of people were out walking along the beach with their families, and there were about 8 million dogs, I think there must have been a New Year Canine Convention going on. After our walk we had fish and chips in Ramsgate, mmmm, eating in as a special treat (okay, you caught me out, the diet starts on Monday ;-)). As far as my other resolutions go, I've ordered the veggie box and taken one load to the charity shop with more to come. This evening I got my knitting out to finish a pair of mittens promised as a Green Parent LETS swap. It was odd knitting after a break of a few weeks, if I thought about how to do the stitches or follow the pattern my mind went completely blank, but my fingers instinctively knew what to do. Thank goodness, or it would have turned out a right mess!



4 comments:

Joxy34 said...

**sniff sniff** Aww there is something about a man using a sling with his child that brings a lump to my throat everytime.

Lovely photos hon!

Happy New Year

Laura said...

Lovely pictures.

Happy new year. x

Unknown said...

Lovely day!

I love that the knitting became instinctive. One day....

Tagged you btw,over 'ere.

Naomi said...

I never know where to reply to comments but wanted to say thanks for the comment and the stripy wrap is an Ellaroo LaRae, my OH said when I bought it that he wouldn't wear it because of the colours but he's been wearing it since Eloise was a few weeks old, I think he secretly likes the pattern ;) Daddywearing is great for babies :) xxx