About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Spaghetti


The spaghetti in the title is my lovely Manos silk blend yarn, which I managed to get into an almighty tangle. I'm used to knitting with balls of wool but this one was twisted in a skein and I think should have been rewound into a ball before I began knitting. Anyway, my patient mum sorted it out whilst minding the Monkey these last few days. I've completed one babyleg and it looks pretty good except it's a bit big for my little doll's skinny legs!

We've got a lovely new carpet in our lounge, here's Monkey, Duncan and Lady Macbeth enjoying it!

No comments: