About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Sunday 12 April 2009

Update, Easter Weekend

It has been a weekend of highs and lows. Good Friday was wonderful, the sun was shining in the Thanet micro-climate (the weather always seems to improve as we drive down) and we went straight to the house for another viewing and to talk with the owners. The house was even lovelier than we remembered, we took lots of photos and sat by the pool (did I mention the pool?!) while their children swam. Things seemed really positive, we were discussing what they would take and leave behind, and we left to walk down to the sea-front for some lunch. Fast-forward to Saturday afternoon, and a phone-call which left our spirits dampened. The vendors had been due to discuss terms and come to an agreement on a price for the home they wanted to buy, which had all sounded rather like a 'done deal', but when DH spoke with them they told us they had been unwilling to pay the amount that had been asked, considering how much work needed to be done on the house. So it seems they no longer want to buy the house, which also means they may no longer want to sell theirs! It's all very much up in the air and they are going to discuss their options over the weekend. She said it wasn't necessarily bad news for us as they could find another property or even move out and rent until they found something. But it does feel like a kick in the teeth, and I am wondering if they really want to move? On the one hand they *seemed* very happy in the house and have done a LOT of work on it, on the other hand, they have four children, two of their girls share a room and their baby has the tiniest box-room which barely fits a cot in it. So they do need more space. Oh I guess it's silly to speculate, it's just so difficult being in limbo and having to wait until after the Bank Holiday for more news. I am trying to be philosophical about it. There are of course Other Houses out there. And nothing bad has happened. Our lives are good and we are still happy, healthy and fortunate people, it's just a 'potential' something that may not come to fruition. 

Oh, and if we get the house we will have room in the garden for CHICKENS!!!!


5 comments:

Daisie said...

Oh, am so sorry what rotten news and not knowing for sure makes it even worse!

Will be keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for you. Hope they sort out the other house and then you can have theirs!!

xxx

arwen_tiw said...

(hugs) I hope it works itself out quickly. Very upsetting wait, I'm sure. :(

Joxy34 said...

fingers crossed

The Awakened Heart said...

I know exactly how you feel. We bought our first house in December and the slightest setback can make you feel as if the whole thing is going to disappear and take your dreams with it. Keep focusing on a happy outcome for everyone concerned and allow whatever happens to be ok. You are right - you are happy, healthy and have many avenues to explore. When it all gets too much, try a smile. Corny I know but it does work.

Antoinette said...

That's really disappointing. I do know that feeling of it all being up in the air and on tenterhooks.

I really hope it all works out for you, and you purchase the home you'll be happy in. My fingers are crossed for the best outcome for you.