About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Thursday 2 April 2009

March In Review


March In Review
Original idea courtesy of Mon at Holistic Mama

Summary (3 sentence max)
A reminder of how quickly things change, enjoying the first rays of spring sunshine, baking and crocheting and getting out and about much more with the Monkey.

Fun
Learning new games that make the babe laugh (like 'Round and Round the Garden', which is apparently hilarious)

Challenging
Struggling to control my weight.

Thoughtful
Witnessing the Monkey's discovery of solid food.

An Insight/ Thought
I need to make more time for self-care, starting with regular massage.

Website/ blog find
I'm still undecided whether this is a Good Thing or not, but I've been Twittering.

Words (quote/ reading/ book recommendation/ 1 sentence review/ anything word-related)
Amigurumi- just because it's a great word.

Note to Self:
Read more, squirrel* less.

Favourite Tip/ Idea from Web
Helpful crochet tutorials from YouTube

Slice of home (a photo of a tiny corner of your home, or objects, that represent something about this month)
See photo above this post. This is a slice of our neighbourhood: meet Mancat, a beautiful ginger puss with (look closely now) a man's face. And not just any man: yes, it's Michael Gambon's face! Mancat has his own song, sung to the tune of Born Free:
"Mancat... a cat with a man's face
Looks down from a high place...
Mancat... "

* squirreling is how DH refers to the night-time hours I spend aimlessly Twittering, Facebooking, blogsurfing and otherwise occupying myself on the computer when the Monkey has gone to bed.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, what's wrong with squirreling? And why do husband's have a problem with it? LOL

Sounds like a good month. I'm looking forward to experiencing the LO eating solids (WHEN!?).

Don'tcha love knitwitch?

Carin said...

Sounds like you've had a good month. I recognise your insight and your challenge. Our LO (2 years 4 months) is loving Wind the bobbin up at the mo... a million times daily.

Emma said...

I love squirreling, but sometimes DH and I sit next to each other squirreling seperately on our laptops - who said romance was dead??

I think I might Facebook him in a sec to see if he wants a cuppa!

Daisie said...

Hi, I wanted to email you and ask for your postal address but you email address is not on your profile, email me! I have something that you and Tilly might like!
xxx

Antoinette said...

I like that term squirreling. Very appropriately termed and it makes me feel better about all the time I squander on said pursuits.

Whoa! See what you mean about that Mancat. Unnervingly so.

Looks like an altogether good and interesting month you've had.