About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Wednesday 15 April 2009

My little garden



Last week I went to the garden centre and bought the beginnings of a little garden! I got some herbs (parsley, rocket, coriander and lemon thyme), a couple of tomato plants, a beetroot plant and a couple of strawberry plants. I potted most of them up but now they are sitting on the patio and I don't know what to do with them next!? I also bought some seeds which are indoors doing rather less successfully, although I have got a few tomato seedlings growing. I also cleared the front garden, removing 3 huge bags of dried leaves, and planted some flowers in a pot. Our beautiful magnolia tree was blooming last week, perfect timing for selling the house, the flowers have all dropped now though.
House-wise, things aren't looking quite as bleak as we'd feared. Our vendors are actively looking for another house to buy, and we just need to be patient and give them time. We have a couple of potential buyers for our house and a few offers on the table. We should be living beside the sea at some point in the summer, whether in the new house or temporarily in the holiday cottage. DH has booked time off for Folk Week in August, which we are looking forward to (not that we are particularly folk-y people but it's supposed to be great fun!). 
Lots of thanks to Daisie Davies, who sent Tilly and I a lovely package this morning containing some of her fab pegs- you can see more at her Folksy shop. We love them! And finally, warmest congratulations to Sarah and her family at Carried Family on the much anticipated birth of baby Rowan Hannah. Welcome to the world, Rowan!

2 comments:

Daisie said...

So glad that the pegs arrived safely! Thanks for the plug for my etsy shop but people really should seek me out on folksy, more stock, long story!

Top-tip for strawberry plants; grow them in hanging baskets, we do and they look very pretty as they 'dangle' and it stops the slugs from eating the fruit without any nasty chemicals on the ground!!

Still keeping fingers and toes crossed for the house by the sea!

xxx

willow81 said...

Thanks Daisie! Have changed the link to Folksy. I will definitely try that with the strawberry plants, I've got some spare baskets. xx