About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Thursday 12 March 2009

Oops

Now I know I *should* have listened to some Mummy friends who said you should never cut your children's hair yourself but...

... I didn't.

And no, I didn't use a bowl.

2 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Awww cute hair cut. I always cut Rye's hair myself. It always looks a bit er.. uneven and extreme at first, give it a week or 2 to grow a bit again and settle and it's fine again. lol

Ilike it, makes her hair look even thicker :)

free said...

Hairdressers aren't magicians... they only make organised mess. You can too, with a bit of practice! There are sites with tips for how to do it 'properly' if you need a hand.

I've been cutting my sons hair since he was teeny tiny. He's nearly 13 now and so far he still prefers me to do it. I doubt he'll still want that when he's 15 or so though!

It's a shame I only had one kid, because I feel like I've had enough practice now and could do the job properly on another child lol.