About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Daddy's (almost) Home!

Just a quick post before we head off to Gatwick to collect daddy. Monkey is wearing a pretty new 'Spring' dress but as you can see, the excitement has got to her and she flaked out on the sofa after a quick breastfeed- and this was only 3/4 hour after she ate a huge bowl of buttery porridge. It seems her little appetite is picking up. A probably side-effect of eating more is that she is at last sleeping better. Last night was the first relatively normal night of the last fortnight, she went to bed at 7.30pm, woke at 1am-ish for a feed (it might even have been later) and then at 5am she came in with me and slept until 7am. I feel much better for it, even if I did stay up playing with my new mobile phone until ridiculous-o'clock (I was expecting her to wake up at any moment!). 

Beautiful Booby Babe

3 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Wooohoooooooooo and awwwwwwww she looks so cute flaked on the sofa.

Glad to read her appetite si improving. Is the gaviscon helping then?

Joxy.

Claire said...

She really is beautiful! So glad you are both feeling better and that you are on your way to being 3 again :)

Claire

willow81 said...

Thanks Claire, we are definitely both feeling better and more rested.

Joxy, yes the Gaviscon *seems* to be working, we've had no projectile vomiting recently and my washing pile was substantially decreased until my husband arrived home lol!