About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Odd and sods

There are parakeets living in our local park! I saw them once ages ago and mentioned it to Dave who thought I was nuts so I started to doubt it myself but then my Mum mentioned it the other day and yesterday I saw them again myself! You can't see them clearly in this photo but there are at least half a dozen and they are bright green.

Tilly adores reading her 'Splat' the cat book. In fact, she now has two of them. I think she said "cat" this morning when we came downstairs and saw Duncan. I *could* be wrong so I'm waiting for it to happen again before I officially declare it her First Proper Word, but it sounded pretty close.

Mmmm, delicious Leek, Bacon and Potato Gratin.
Must go, Monkey has just awoken after a long morning nap. AND she slept through the night. Most bizarre!

2 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that looks delish!

And nope can't see the birds very well; but I love the photo anyway, very atmospheric.

Joxy.

Liz said...

There are parakeets and all kinds of parrots living all over Kent, Surrey, London and the southeast in general - the green parakeets are the most common, we used to see (and hear!) them often when we lived in Croydon, there were loads there.