About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Thursday 9 October 2008

Stuff


I'm feeling very tired today. Nothing unusual sleep-wise from the Monkey (that means anything from 2-4 hrly waking at night) but DH has been getting up for work at 5am and I've been going to bed too late. It seems to be a toss-up between going to bed early and sleeping while the Monkey sleeps (9pm ish) or staying up and having some precious uninterrupted hours for reading, knitting, visiting forums etc. Mum came over this afternoon and took baby for a walk while I had an hour of sleep, but it didn't really touch the sides. Ho hum. Some nice things though... we met up with Sue and Eli for a cup of tea and cake this morning. I also picked up a nice parcel from the post office containing books from Amazon. 'Festivals Family and Food' is a Green Parent recommendation which I thought might give me some inspiration for the Monkey's Thanksgiving party in December. 'You are Your Child's First Teacher' looks interesting, and might be a timely reminder that what I am doing here at home is an Important Job. I've been feeling like I *should* be working (ie earning money). My job as a therapist is ideal because it is so flexible and I can choose to do as many or as few hours as I like, but the Monkey has other ideas and steadfastly refuses to have anything to do with bottles or teats, preferring the Real Thing. Of course she is only 4 months old and 6 months maternity leave is, I think, a bare minimum, but I do feel like I should be contributing financially and if I can go out for an hour and earn £40 or so that can't be a bad thing. 
Ooooh, and I bought a Jean Greenhowe knitted toys pattern pamphlet and a mixed lot of yarn oddments on eBay which look perfect for toymaking. 

No comments: