About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Monday 13 October 2008

Knitting Addict


Hello, my name is Sam and I am a knitaholic...
I went to Bluewater on Friday and bought some cream and blue yarn to make a stripy hat for baby Eli, and a new book of baby knits. And my eBay purchase of a bag of assorted colour yarns arrived this morning (see pic), the plan is to try making some little toys from the Jean Greenhowe book. I'm still finishing off the grey tank top. The V-neck went a bit wrong (looks like a ruffle rather than a V, lol!) but I've learnt how to pick up stitches properly now (goodness knows what I was doing before) and will try to finish the armhole borders this evening... then it will be winging its way to France, hopefully in time for the arrival of a certain new baby.
In other news, DH and I booked a holiday. We are going to Kefalonia on Sunday for a week, our first holiday with the Monkey! I am going to take LOADS of knitting with me, and I'm also going to make my way through a pile of books. Greek salad, Tsatziki, Autumn sun, I can't wait, bliss.....

3 comments:

nocton4 said...

am madly jealous, thats Captain Correlli Country, one of my fav books.
x

willow81 said...

I might have to dig the book out again... read it years ago when it first came out. I'm so looking forward to it, I've yet to visit a greek island that wasn't beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Had a wonderful holiday on Kefalonia - truly beautiful place - hope you all enjoy it.

Jacqui (GP)