About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Saturday 20 June 2009

Emmetts Garden

We all woke up late this morning- at 9.03am to be exact! After a quick snuggle/feed we got up an wondered how to spend the day. After spending most of the week at home with the Monkey I really wanted to go out for a few hours, Dave on the other hand had had a busy week at work and was looking forward to relaxing at home. I can completely understand, he has quite a glamorous job, gets wined and dined and his days are very social. Because he is the best husband in the world ever, he found a promotional code for the National Trust, joined us up and found a garden 30 minutes drive away. It was called Emmetts Garden, near Westerham in Kent. We wandered around the gardens, saw some amazing trees and a wonderful view across the countryside to Hever, Ashdown Forest and Bough Beech reservoir. We had a lovely bowl of vegetable soup with seeded bread, sitting outside on some picnic benches. And then we came back home. We were only out for a couple of hours but it was a perfect way to get some fresh air and a change of scenery.




1 comment:

Antoinette said...

That's such an adorable picture of you and your wee girl gazing at one another.