About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Wednesday 27 May 2009

8 Things...

I've been tagged by Rach at Three Little Monkeys... rather than tagging anyone please just join in if you like and add a comment so I can find yours!

8 Things I Am Looking Forward To
  1. My Monkey's first birthday tomorrow!
  2. If it ever happens, moving into our new home by the seaside. And decorating it. And living there happily ever after with my lovely hubby.
  3. Getting some chickens.
  4. Family birthday lunch on Saturday.
  5. My next lie-in, whenever that might be!
  6. Scampi, chips and peas for supper tonight.
  7. Some sunny weather (purrrlease!).
  8. Spending time with my bestest girlfriend this weekend.

8 Things I Did Yesterday
  1. Saw 4 clients.
  2. Made a lovely supper of roasted veg with harissa, houmous, falafel and couscous.
  3. Manically spent 90 mins tidying the house for a viewing that lasted about 3 minutes.
  4. Showered.
  5. Enjoyed watching the Monkey's new 'trick' of babbling into a pretend phone.
  6. Saw DH sneak home with birthday pressies (no, I haven't looked!).
  7. Stroked the cats and chased away the neighbourhood Evil Ginger Bully.
  8. Tried, and failed, to learn blanket stitch.

8 Things I Wish I Could Do
  1. Blanket stitch, lol!
  2. Play the piano.
  3. Speak another language fluently.
  4. Lose weight. Sorry, that has to be the dullest and most predictable answer ever.
  5. Remember to do my pelvic floor exercises (oops TMI!)
  6. Be better at having arguments, i.e. deal with anger more effectively.
  7. Add an extra 2 hours on to each day specifically for reading.
  8. Write a novel, or poetry, or a children's book.

8 Shows I Watch (or listen to, for I am including the radio here!)
  1. The Great British Menu
  2. The Today Programme, R4
  3. Woman's Hour, R4
  4. The Apprentice (if you also enjoy The Apprentice, watch this, but be warned, tis a little rude in parts)
  5. Battlestar Galactica
  6. The West Wing
  7. Secret Millionaire
  8. E.R. (for which I am currently in mourning and have saved the last 2, unwatched, episodes on SkyPlus for when I am strong enough to cope with the loss)

3 comments:

Daisie said...

Put 'blanket stitch' into youtube and watch someone do it. I struggled for ages looking at books and reading instructions but when I actually saw someone do it thought it amazingly simple!

Have a lovely day tomorrow, big birthday kiss for Tilly!

xxx

Naomi said...

Have done this too :) hope Tilly has a lovely day (and you, a whole year since giving birth, how does it feel?)

xxxxxxxx

willow81 said...

Daisie, sadly I have already looked at YouTube and I STILL can't do the blanket stitch... I think it's because I'm a leftie! I'm also having real trouble just threading my needle cos I chose a gold embroidery thread and it keeps coming apart into smaller threads, grrrr! I've given up now, I was hoping to make a felt crown for Tilly's birthday and it's just not going to happen.
Naomi, thank you. I'll go and have a look at your '8 things' now. And I'm just about to blog about what it feels like to have given birth a year ago! xx