About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Showers

So here's a little update from us. It's a showery day today and I got absolutely drenched walking back from work through the park. It was one of those heavy downpours that there was no point sheltering from, especially as I had no umbrella or coat! No choice but to just be (wet). I had a lovely day on Friday, taking Monkey up to London. We met a good friend, who I hadn't seen for ages, and took a walk through Hyde Park up to Baker Street, where we met my Mum who had come to mind the Monkey for an hour while I met my clinical supervisor. Monkey and Nanna sat in Regents Park for a while with some baby ducks for company. We then walked all the way through the park to Camden and had a delicious lunch. Someone flirted and charmed her way through lunch with the waiters, I'll give you just one guess who!

We are going to swimming class now on a Thursday morning. It's just for half an hour and I don't find the instructor particularly inspiring but it does give Monkey some experience in the pool which is important given that we are going to be having a swimming pool in the garden. I don't like seeing children splashing around with armbands, I think it gives them a false sense of security and I would rather Monkey learns to swim as early as possible. And the best thing about swimming? These wrinkled baby feet!


Here's my latest mini-crush, Casey Affleck. We watched the movie 'Gone Baby Gone' the other night and jolly good it is too.


We are still in Sidcup but hoping that the Big Move will happen at the end of August. Everything is still going to plan, fingers crossed, and I'm hoping we might get to be living beside the seaside before Autumn sets in. It's a very exiting time but I'm keen to get things moving, after all, it was just before Easter when we made the offer on the house. Goodness, the heavens have just opened! We have a primary school just opposite us and there is heavy rain, thunder and lightning just as the school day ends. Monkey and I are going to stand and watch the umbrellas and the children screaming with excitement as they run for cover. Stay dry y'all!

No comments: