About Me

My photo
I live in Kent with my husband, toddler Tilly (henceforth known as Monkey) and another baby due in November. We have two cats, Duncan and Lady Macbeth, and four chickens who kindly lay us eggs daily. We live in the picturesque seaside town of Broadstairs. I enjoy reading, knitting and cooking. I'm trying to be a bit 'greener' (not sure how successfully), and to be a gentle parent. Extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping don't freak me out, we use cloth nappies and try to follow some of the ideals of Attachment Parenting. If that sounds as if I know what I'm doing, I don't! I am also a psychotherapist with an interest in Focusing-oriented therapy, and I have a small private practice in the area.

Sunday 28 December 2008

New Year's Resolutions (draft!)

I've been considering my New Year's Resolutions, so I thought I would jot them down and edit them as 2009 approaches...
  1. It's that perennial favourite, Lose Weight. Must be done, as I have regained most of what I lost at Slimming World a couple of months ago. I did feel a lot better for it, so my resolution will be to go back to classes. To help and inspire me, and as a little treat, I'm going to get an organic vegetable box delivered, which will also encourage me to cook more of the baby's food.
  2. Babywearing & Walking: now that the Monkey and I are enjoying our slings and wraps, I need to get out and about more, both for the fresh air and also to help with (1).
  3. Crafts and Sewing In Particular: I got a beginners sewing book for Christmas, so I'd like to learn to sew and perhaps even get a sewing machine.
  4. Decluttering: I really need to declutter the house, and sadly this means culling some of my books. I love having books around the house, but the untidy, overflowing shelves just look too dark and chaotic for my liking.
  5. Work: I need to be more conscientious about certain aspects of my work, namely, doing paperwork and keeping my notes up to date.
To Be Continued...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice list.

Oh to live near you and take the burden of the books from you. lol

Joxy34 said...

I have a couple of wraps you could try if you fancy too. I have a storch wrap, which I love and a morgana bali breeze gauze wrap, which is beautiful but not one I use a lot because the little man is getting really rather heavy now.

Oddly enough I've just received a maya ring sling becaue my old freedom sling was unraveling and ripping, and the maya felt so much more comfortable!

Anyway, hope you had a lovely Christmas and a fantastic New Year :-)))